Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The final countdown




Alright fans and followers (and most importantly Tom and Jonathan from Blue Season Bali),

By this time tomorrow I will know who the winner of the Best Dive Job in the World is. I'm nervous, excited and feeling a sense of relief that I will finally be able to know what my future is going to hold whether it's the Best Dive Job or not. There isn't really anything else that I can do to prove my case. I think it's all been done by now and all that's left to do is wait and see if I'm what BSB is looking for. So I thought I would use this opportunity to do a little round up of what I've done over the course of this competition. Just a little reminder...

I have managed to collect 613 fans and 331 support photos from over 20 different countries. Pictures have come in from people, cats, dogs, fish, camels, hamsters...even microbes!! I've been photoshopped, cropped, and manipulated by creative and silly people from all over the world and have managed to spread my humour and enthusiasm for diving, The Best Dive Job and Blue Season Bali from one end of the globe to the other.
I've posted blog posts on diving, Bali's marine life and Blue Season Bali and it's partners and I've had over 850 hits on my blog from 37 different countries.
I've created 5 pieces of sheer cinematic mastery (don't laugh! They are true genius!!) to promote myself and Blue Season Bali which have combined, gathered over 1400 views. I've also pulled in a few surprise vids from fans that have seen an additional 660 hits....that's over 2000 views for me and Blue Season!!
I've also gathered close to 2000 comments on my Blue Season Bali application and finalist pages. Thousands and thousands of people have joined the battle to bring Joe the Blue Season Bali. That's dedication :)

But I think in the end it doesn't matter how many people are behind me if I don't fit what BSB is looking for. Luckily for me, I think that I am what they are looking for. I'm laid back and approachable, I'm responsible and mature (in a good way, not a boring old person way!), I like to have a good time in everything I do (even when it's not something I'm too thrilled about doing), I'm inspiring, I'm a good teacher and a dedicated friend, colleague and employee, I'm ready for a challenge and crazy enough to give up everything to follow my dream. I'll never complain and never go back on my word. I'll promote your company in a way that makes people laugh, makes people curious and above all makes people excited and inspired to do exactly what I will be doing if I win - Dive with Blue Season Bali over and over again.

As I've said, I think Blue Season has everything they need to make up their mind. Here's hoping I fit what they are looking for. If not, well the last 5.5 months have been a trip; hilarious at times, frustrating at others, humbling and amazing at others. I've gotten a lot out of this experience regardless of the outcome and I wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it again.

Cheers Tom and Jonathan and thanks for the trip. It's been long and at times bumpy but it's been great the whole way through.
Here's hoping that as of tomorrow I'll be preparing to continue the journey!!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment